P90X3: Week One Review

I have to confess, I actually did week 1 twice. The first time I completed it, I wasn't able to start week 2 because of business travel, so when I got home I decided to start week 1 over again so I wouldn't miss the benefit of any initial progress.

In terms of working out, week 1 went well. My favorite workouts are definitely The Challenge and Yoga (no shock there). I could do without The Warrior (thank God I only have to do it 3 times during the program). Evan and I have also been taking walks around the neighborhood each night to spend time together and throw in a little more cardio. My muscles were definitely sore, but in that oh-so-good post-workout way.

As far as diet, I don't think I mentioned that I'm following Weight Watchers vs. P90X3's nutrition guide. In the past, Weight Watchers has worked for me and I don't think I can cut wine Thai food out of my diet and still survive. So Weight Watchers it is. I did ok on diet. I stayed on or under my points each day and increased my water intake (and subsequent trips to the restroom). 

Weight loss was ok. In some ways it was better than anticipated and in others a big disappointment -- don't we always want to drop 10 pounds the first week of working out? I lost 4.8 pounds, which I attribute largely to water weight. I know that when starting a new workout program your body likes to do all sorts of funky stuff, so I'm hoping the losing trend continues. Outside of weight loss, I feel really energized (despite some long hours and very early mornings at work) and motivated. On to week 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS