A new journey



Oh man, it’s been a while. April was quite the crazy month. I had two trips for work and have been packing in the hours in the office when I’m not traveling. It hasn’t left a lot of time to work on much with the house, but I did get my dream pendant light for our office for my birthday (thanks, Dad!) and the yard is starting to come in with only minor issues. But those are more posts for another day. 

Here to Home started out as a blog for me to share our journey in building our new house and then turning it into a home … and it still is. But if it’s really about the “journey,” there are other things I want to talk about and share, even if I’m just posting to me. 

If I step back in time to about 16 months ago, Evan and I were packing up our old house and getting ready to sell. Stupidly, we packed up everything that was cluttering our house, which meant all (and I mean all) of our pots and pans got packed up. Looking back, I think we thought the selling process would be much quicker, and it was … once our house got on the market. Not having anything to cook with started a downward spiral on a super unhealthy path that, if I’m being honest, still continues today.

I’ve easily gained 20 pounds … yep 20 pounds in just over a year. That’s pretty much the equivalent of my best friend’s two-year-old. I KNOW I’ve gained weight and I hate how I look, but I haven’t proactively done anything to change it. 

That stops today and this journey of getting healthy is something else I’d like to share on Here to Home. This week, I started P90X3 and am committed to eating healthy. It’s my hope that by posting this publically, I’ll hold myself accountable to meeting my goals, which are: getting back in shape, losing weight and feeling better about myself. 

I hope you’ll join me on this journey whether it’s providing encouragement, holding me accountable or using my journey as motivation for your own. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS