P90X3: Block One Results

It's a little hard to believe block 1 is already over and 4 weeks have flown by. My results aren't quite what I was hoping for, but I met one of the goals I established for myself (4 pound overall weight loss) and am not sure why I didn't hit the other (2 inches lost from waist) as I feel like I had some good overall inches lost. To be fair, these weren't overly ambitious goals, but I needed something I knew I would hit so I could start this off with a success. Block 2 and 3 are much more aggressive in terms of goals for me. 

Results 


Total weight loss: 4 pounds

Total inches lost:

Block 1 Change
Arms -.25(R) / 0(L) inches
Chest -1 inches
Waist -1.5 inches
Hip -.75 inches
Thighs 0 inches
Calves -1(R) / -1.25(L) inches
Total change-5.75 inches

Lessons learned

Diet is important. I was so, so good with my diet during the week, but then the weekend would arrive and with it came lots of alcohol and overindulgence. I feel like I lost and gained the same 4 pounds over the past four weeks. I'm disappointed in me and know that this weekly battle with the weekend is part of the reason I've not only gained weight, but also failed at losing it. I recently saw a great post from a gal I blog stalk who had amazing results with the Whole30. I don't think I'm there yet, but there is certainly A LOT more I can do around diet to help with my P90X3 journey. Who knows, maybe in 90 days I'll be ready for some massive food changes.

Even without substantial weight loss, I saw changes. So I only lost 4 pounds, but I saw a lot of change in my body even without the discipline I should have had on diet. I saw my stomach shrink, arms slim down, thighs start to take shape and collar bones appear. It's these changes that motivate me everyday to complete my workout (and they should be motivation enough to follow a stricter diet).

It feels good to be working toward something. There are definitely days I have to drag myself to do a workout, but I always, always feel good once I'm done. It feels SO good to look forward to the changes I hope come from finishing my 90-days. This feeling, more than anything, is what I need to hold on to when I'm desperately craving green curry and a bottle glass of wine.

It really is a journey. And, yes, I felt cheesy typing that. There's no quick-fix for losing weight and getting in shape. Part of the reason I'm not ready to fully embrace something like the Whole30 is because I know it's not a sustainable change for me. I live to eat and I need to figure out a good, healthy balance of discipline and enjoyment. This isn't something I can change in its entirety today, but it's something I need to work toward every single day.

What's next? My focus areas for block 2 are to really focus on my diet and to amp up additional cardio outside of the program (walking/hiking with Evan). I also have a week-long business trip to Croatia smack in the middle of block 2, so I need to focus on not blowing my diet and finding ways to work exercise into what promises to be a very, very busy week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS