the awesomeness of backsplash

It's been an insane couple of weeks here as we're moving into our new house and I'm starting a new (dream) job. I finally feel like we're starting to make a dent and with our final major delivery being this Saturday, may feel encouraged to unpack my dozens of accessorizing boxes. 

As I get ready to do a couple of before and afters, I realize I've been horrible with taking photos -- both before and after. This is completely counter to my normal disposition to grab my camera every time Dudley, our dog, strikes a cute pose (which is pretty darn often). I'm a little sad and a lot shamed that in my desire to document here to home, I've lacked some critical documentation.

Our kitchen is nearly done, but I'm excited to post some in progress photos as I try to catch up with life.

Well that's a lovely white fridge
This picture is from closing day and shows the kitchen as it looked when we moved in. It's also 'exhibit a' of delivery disasters ... because white totally matches our whole look.

Yep, those are pizza boxes. We'd hate to actually cook in our brand new kitchen. 
This photo is taken at the end of our first week, after the backsplash was installed. In my opinion, it's made all the difference between a kitchen that screams builder grade vs. gourmet kitchen. We debated long and hard about what backsplash we wanted. Originally, it was 100% subway tiles. But, as you can see, our cabinets aren't exactly white -- which made finding a tile that matched exactly (per my husband's mandate) a little difficult. We then ran the gamut between glass, stone, mosaic and stainless and lucked out in finding a gorgeous tile that combines stainless steel, brushed steel and a couple different colors of glass.  

Also, if you look closely you'll notice some paint smears and a peek of our lovely pendant lights.

There have been a couple other changes; some are documented, others I need to get on. But I hope to soon be able to post a before and after on our kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS